When we think of style icons, broadcast journalists aren't usually the first to come to mind. But Anderson Cooper is a TV personality who has managed to make fashion statements on- and off-camera with his tailored suits, muscle tees and silver hair.
It's easy to assume that Cooper's well-groomed appearance is all a part of the business. But, early photos show that he developed his sartorial sense decades before becoming a CNN news anchor and New York Times bestselling author. So in honor of Cooper's 46th birthday today (June 3), we've compiled 11 reasons why we believe he was destined to be a style icon.
1. His mother, Gloria Vanderbilt, is a pioneer developer of designer blue jeans.
2. He's inherited his dapper writer-father Wyatt Emory Cooper's good looks.
3. He was photographed as a baby by Diane Arbus for Harper's Bazaar.
4. He modeled with Ford Models for Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Macy's.
5. He was an impeccably dressed kid.
6. He interned at the well-suited Central Intelligence Agency.
7. His has a gorgeous head of grey hair.
9. He hosts his own syndicated talk show.
10. He wrote a column for Details magazine.
11. He follows stylish women like Stacy London, Diane von Furstenburg and Demi Moore on Twitter.
See how Anderson Cooper's style has evolved over the years: