This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- Tropical Storm Andrea drenched the Eastern seaboard after making landfall in Florida.
- Some of the worst flooding in the past decade hit Central Europe, killing at least 20 people.
- Heavy rains and a swollen waterway threatened dozens of communities on the banks of the Mississippi River.
- Forecasters said this year is more likely to be a La Nina year than an El Nino.
- Researchers are trying to develop drones that can fly directly into storms and send real-time data back to forecasters to create better weather models.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world: