A Canadian mom was not pleased with the unexpected prize she says she found in her daughter's Happy Meal. It turned out to be a total mealbreaker.*
Kerry Brockie, of Mississauga, Ontario, reportedly found a sharp object in her 10-year-old's cheeseburger on Monday, according to the Mississauga News. The 48-year-old had been treating her daughter to lunch at a McDonald's located within a Walmart when she says she discovered what looked like a metal pin.
"I was completely shocked," Brockie told the outlet. "What if this had been a two or three-year-old who bit into this burger?"
She complained to store management, who reported the incident and said it would conduct an investigation and get back to her in four to six weeks.
There have been other close calls concerning dangerous objects in fast food recently. Earlier this month, a California woman claimed to have almost bitten down on a razor blade she discovered in a Burger King hamburger.
In April 2012, an Illinois woman reportedly found a razor blade in some McDonald's eggs. Earlier that year, a Connecticut woman allegedly discovered a sharp object in a sealed box of McDonald's Chicken McBites.
*Mealbreaker (n.): a nasty, non-edible surprise found in food while it is being eaten; often lawsuit-provoking, sometimes fabricated, always disgusting.