Not everyone's lucky enough to have a spare space in their homes that can be saved just for visitors who stay overnight. While we're often stuck crashing on the sofa or even worse, bunking up with our pal, some people have designated well-appointed rooms just for travelers.
If you have such a spot in your house, scroll through these nine pretty guest room ideas for inspiration. But be careful not to make them too nice -- your friends and family will never leave!
1. Add a splash of color with patterned bedding.
2. Paint it a bright, sunny welcoming color.
3. Use a daybed that easily transforms from seating to sleeping.
4. Two twin beds are great for kids or adults alike.
5. Light colors and flowers keep it fresh and airy.
6. Finish off an attic space as a guest suite.
7. Add some texture so your guests feel like they're on a tropical retreat.
8. Save space with bunk beds.
9. Fill it with unique finds.
Want more bedroom ideas? Click through our slideshow of the most romantic sleeping quarters.
The warm colors mixed with pops of deep hues fills this room with passion. We’re completely taken back to a Gatsby-esque era when we look at this. Photo by Gatsby's List
The design is so simple but the canopy adds just the right touch of elegance. Photo by bccnyc
A little unconventional, but we’re imagining an exotic getaway with this room. Photo by EcoIsland Life
Romance doesn’t have to be all fluff you know. We love the glamourous color scheme in this room. Photo by InterContinental Hong Kong
This room is so peaceful, we can picture ourselves just lounging around for hours with our significant others. Photo by MAZZALIARMADI.IT
Those sheets, that throw, the city skyline -- can you say “sensual”? Photo by MAZZALIARMADI.IT
Again, a canopy adds a secluded feeling that we definitely want when we’re in bed with our loves. Photo by this_could_be_my_house
Brian Patrick Flynn tours the 2013 Dream Home's master bedroom.
**Do you have a home story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)