You'd describe your lifestyle as "on-the-go." Truly, you barely have enough time to dress yourself for work, so the concept of whipping up a frilly, masterful breakfast in the morning is mere fantasy.
We hear you. But in order to be fueled for your frenetic day, a healthy breakfast is a must. Breakfast eaters have been shown to have more energy,better focus and increased problem-solving skills compared to their breakfast skipping counterparts.
Don't worry -- Healthy Living has you covered with six no-clean up, no-fuss, grab-and-go breakfasts that, we'd argue, can be put together in a matter of seconds. It takes six seconds to solve a Rubik's cube, two seconds to fold a shirt and one second to tie a shoelace. Surely, with all that proficiency, you can spare just a little time to craft a nutritious breakfast, you little speed demon. Read on to learn how:
1. A Banana Smeared With Peanut Butter Other than being one of the most delicious pairings to ever join the breakfast club, this combo will hook you up with a healthy dose of protein and enough fiber to keep you satiated until lunch. (You could also make a banana boat, for a festive twist).
2. Greek Yogurt With A Handful Of Nuts Peel, plop and enjoy: This quick grab has double the protein of typical yogurts, plus heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and that desired crunch from the nuts. Don't forget the spoon! (Or, try crafting your own when you do).
3. A Couple Of Hard Boiled Eggs Some argue that the egg is the perfect protein. Boil these bad boys days in advance (they’ll last about a week in your fridge unpeeled), crack and go. And watch this video to learn how to peel your eggs in two-seconds flat.
4. Gluten-Free Quick-Trick-Snack-Stack
You can put this grain-free breakfast together assembly-line style once you have all of your ingredients sorted and sealed. To make this re-imagined cereal, you'll need your favorite fruit, nuts, coconut and seeds with any variation of milk to pour over the top. Learn all about the process of crafting this breakfast beauty here.
5. A Small Feast Of Crudité Before you turn your nose up at the thought of eating greens in the morning, really consider the vegetable. It's the prime vehicle for all of your favorite dips. Carrots, celery and cauliflower are stable, sturdy and will transport pure deliciousness into your mouth within seconds. Get creative with your dips: Think peanut butter, Greek yogurt or even a re-inspired guacamole to keep you full.
6. Homemade Trail Mix Head over to your local health food store and go a little nuts (heh) in the bulk section. Pick some of your favorite trail mix goodies, though we recommend unsalted nuts and seeds, whole grain cereals, and dried fruit. Portion off your melange in resealable plastic bags (you can reuse them) et voilá: A portable breakfast good enough to eat on your morning commute.
For more healthy breakfast ideas, click here.