Throwing the perfect soiree is easy if you follow these tips.
1. Dip - Having (or not having) the right dip can make or break your party. Think long and hard about what kind of dip you want to serve. And then think some more. And if you weren't planning on having dip, get out of the party game right now and never return.
2. Other Snacks - There are some people out there who will probably say you need a nice variety of different snacks at a party besides just dip. These people are idiots.
3. Games - Depending on what kind of party this is, you might want to have some board games available, but don't overdo it. Playing a game can really cut into a guest's dip-eating time.
4. Drinks - Drinks, especially alcoholic drinks, are often the centerpiece of most parties. And you should probably have some available, but make sure your guests don't get too drunk to eat dip. Or worse, so drunk they don't remember eating the dip.
5. Lighting - Never underestimate the power of good lighting. If the lights are too bright, guests might not feel as free to party. And if the lights are too low, your guests might not be able to locate the dip and then you have a real disaster on your hands.
6. Party Layout - Make sure your party space has a layout that will make guests comfortable. Are there enough places to sit? Do you need room to dance? And is the dip easily accessible from every angle? If the dip is hard to reach, you could be hearing this: "Hey, great party last night. Though, come to think of it, I didn't have any dip. Terrible party!" Don't let this happen to you!
7. Guest List - Having the right mix of people at your party is essential. Maybe you have friends who don't like dip. These people don't qualify as "party people" and are not welcome.
8. Decor - You may be tempted to buy, or even "DIY" (whatever that means) your own party decorations. Do not waste time on this. It will take away precious energy you could be focusing on making sure you have the highest quality dip.
9. Vibe - Everybody wants their party to have a good "vibe." And not a weird "vibe" or a bad "vibe." Honestly, the "vibe" is not really something you have any control over. So just use this time to arrange your dip into a visually appealing display.
10. Music - Curating the perfect playlist is important. But if you feel like people are getting too into the music and not eating enough dip, simply turn it off so people can focus.
11. Have fun! - Don't get bogged down with hosting duties. Remember to eat plenty of dip yourself. If you look stressed when you're around the dip, people will start to associate negative feelings with the dip and maybe stop eating it and we all know that's a nightmare scenario that CANNOT HAPPEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Also on HuffPost:
Sorry, ladies. If you've committed three or more murders, dudes are just not into that. Stop killing now if you don't want to die alone.
Women With Knives For Hands
Look, men just do not have the patience to deal with a woman who has sharp knives for hands. If there's one thing men don't like, it's getting cut or stabbed by knife hands.
Women Who Regularly Try To Swallow Fruits Or Vegetables Whole Like A Snake
If you're on a date, you might think it's cute or sexy to try to stick an entire apple in your mouth and swallow without chewing, but the guy will likely say "No thank you" and move on to a woman who eats an apple in small bites.
A Bag Of Nacho Cheese Doritos
No man wants to take a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos to a nice dinner at Red Lobster. Especially when the Doritos are constantly nagging. Nag, nag, nag-- shut up, Doritos!
A Woman Who Thinks Trader Joe's Is Called Trader Jones No Matter How Many Times You Correct Her
Whatever you do, DON'T do that.
A Woman Who Constantly Sets Small Household Fires
Ladies, he's already putting out all kinds of fires at the office, don't make him put out literal fires in his personal life.
Ursula From The Little Mermaid Or Similar Half-Octopus-Half Women Combos
If you want to land a man, don't be so cruel to the gentle merfolk.
The Winged Victory Of Samothrace
She doesn't have a head! And she's made of marble. Men hate that.
Women With Exploding Heads
If you're a woman with an exploding head, you create a dangerous situation for any guy you're on a date with. Get that taken care of pronto.
If you're turning into a wolf, don't expect to be turning your casual fling into a serious relationship.
Women Who Are Just Constantly Punching
Men really don't like being constantly punched. Get your punching habit in check or you can forget that second date.