If you've had more acne breakouts lately, blame it on the summer weather. The heat and humidity causes us to sweat more in order to keep our bodies cool. But the pores on our faces end up clogged with dirt, debris and god knows what else.
- The number one skincare product you should invest in is an oil-free moisturizer with mattifying ingredients. We all want a youthful glow, but no one wants to look greasy.
- You should never leave home without applying sunscreen. SPF 30 (or higher) sunblock that's oil-free and water-resistant will shield your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays without causing further irritation.
- Skip the foundation and tinted moisturizer. Instead use a CC cream with medium coverage -- it will even out your complexion and not cause a total makeup meltdown.
- We know that you can't stop sweating altogether, so freshen up with face wipes or towelettes when on the go.
- Before bed, cleanse your face and apply an acne treatment with salicylic acid. This will treat pimples and prevent future breakouts.
How do you control acne during the summer months?
Keep breakouts at bay with these skincare products:
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)