There aren't many people in the world who love avocados more than the editors at HuffPost Taste. Avocados are considered more valuable than gold in this office, seriously. We sneak avocados into everything we eat. We've made guacamole more ways than imaginable. We even have dreams of retiring and moving to an avocado grove. And since you're reading this, we're guessing you just might feel the same way we do about this fruit.
Despite how much we all adore this buttery green fruit, we have come across some crazy recipes that have made us question our unconditional love for avocados. Avocados are making their way into desserts more and more -- and we're not sure we get it. Also, hot avocados have always scared us.
But here's the thing we've realized, we can't reject these recipes because in the end they're all made with avocados -- the best ingredient ever. Deep down, we know it can do no wrong. If avocado is making friends with chocolate, it must be because they pair together better than we can imagine. We're willing to open our minds for the sake of avocados because that's how much we love them, are you?
1. Salad Dressing There's something about transforming avocado into a pourable consistency that just feels wrong. But we put avocado on our salads, so why not in our salad dressings? It's the best way to get avocado with every bite. Get the Avocado Salad Dressing recipe.
2. Ice Cream We know what you're thinking, ice cream is sacred and should not be messed with. But creamy avocado can only make ice cream even better. Get the Avocado Ice Cream recipe.
3. French Fried For the most part, we eat our avocado at room temperature, if not chilled. But warm? That just feels like a violation of all that is good and holy in the world. But when that means that avocado slices are breaded and deep-fried (crazy we know, but bear with us) it renews our faith in culinary innovation. Think about it guys, it's like a greatly improved mozzarella stick. Get the Avocado Fries recipe.
4. Eggocado Here it is again, hot avocado. And, it has an egg baked in its center (which is just weird.) But, the eggocado means we can sneak a half an avocado into our breakfast and that's something we fully support. Get the Eggocado recipe.
5. Pancakes You might not want to top these avocado pancakes with sweet maple syrup, but you definitely want to give these a try. Get the Avocado Pancake recipe.
6. Chocolate Hazelnut Cake This is where things start to get weird. There is avocado in this cake that is also made with chocolate. It looks pretty amazing, so we're willing to bet it tastes that good too. Remember: open mind. Get the Chocolate Hazlenut Avocado Cake recipe.
7. Smoothies Drinking avocado is just confusing, but since it can be done, it must. Get the Avocado Smoothie recipe.
8. Pie If you can get past the color, you'll soon realize that avocado and pie are actually a glorious combination. Get the Avocado Pie recipe.
9. Chocolate Brownies Don't let the frosting scare you guys. These brownies are fudgier thanks to the addition of avocado. Bake them. They may be the best thing to come out of your oven. Get the Avocado Brownie recipe.
10. Chocolate Pudding Chocolate pudding made with avocados is essentially chocolate flavored guacamole -- minus all the garlic, onions and tomatoes. It's weird. It's confusing. It's almost just too much. But we bet it's really delicious. The ingredients in it are some of our favorites -- chocolate AND avocado. Move past the concept and into the dessert. Get the Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe.
Still want more avocado recipes? Check these out.