With Major League Baseball's non-waiver trade deadline set for 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday July 31st, time is running out for teams hoping to add a difference maker (or to unload a bloated contract on a team a desperate for a playoff berth).
While Matt Garza, Alfonso Soriano and Scott Feldman have already been dealt, there are still plenty of impact players being named around in trade rumors. The Chicago White Sox are reportedly preparing to move starting pitcher Jake Peavy. The Texas Rangers might be willing to deal closer Joe Nathan. Even the Los Angeles Angels might get in on the action.
Check out the latest trade buzz to see who is buying and who is selling:
- According to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com, Jake Peavy is preparing to get traded by the White Sox. However, Peter Gammons tweeted that Chicago is having trouble getting a deal done.
- The Baltimore Orioles have already traded for pitchers Scott Feldman and Francisco Rodriguez, but according to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, they may not be done making deals. Rosenthal mentions Houston's Bud Norris, Lucas Harrell and Erik Bedard.
- ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted on Sunday that the Phillies have let other teams know that some of their players are available, including Michael Young. But Cliff Lee apparently wasn't named. Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com tweeted that the O's, Red Sox and Rangers are all in the mix to acquire Young
- However, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reported on Monday that Cliff Lee has been mentioned in trade talks, but the asking price is very high.
- Citing major league sources, Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports reported on Saturday that the Texas Rangers "have had internal discussions" about trading closer Joe Nathan. ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted on Sunday they are shopping Nathan and looking for "an established hitter."
- The Los Angeles Angels are open to making deals and are willing to trade Erick Aybar and Howie Kendrick, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports.
- Jon Paul Morosi of Fox Sports wrote that the Texas Rangers have White Sox slugger Paul Konerko on their wish list.
- Five teams are interested in former San Francisco Giants closer Brian Wilson, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
- Buster Olney also tweeted that the Orioles have discussed trading for Padres slugger Carlos Quentin.
- St. Louis Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak told Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com that "we're probably not likely going to do much right now."
- Ervin Santana tweeted a video about the Royals trade rumors.
— Ervin Santana (@ErvinSantana_54) July 24, 2013
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most. Learn more