A woman's hair is a very sensitive part of her body. With so much of our identity wrapped up in our strands, we go to great lengths to get the healthiest and shiniest hair -- even if this means letting a hairstylist do whatever the heck he or she wants. But it seems as though everybody has something to say about the very hairs that grow out of our scalps.
Whether it's a backhanded compliment about being a redhead with super curly hair (insert Carrot Top joke here) or because of an unforeseeable haircut to remedy split ends and breakage, we've had enough of the hair hate.
To put an end to this cycle, we put a call-out to our followers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram asking for the things you should NEVER say to a woman about her hair. Memorize this list and make a change:
1. "What did you do to your hair?"
2. "That's an interesting hairstyle."
3. "Your hair made you!"
4. "You look like Miley Cyrus."
5. "Your hair looks thin!"
6. "Your roots are showing."
7. "Who did that perm gurrl (girl)? I can totally fix that ya know."
8. "You used to have such good hair once. What happened?"
9. "Why don't you do your hair like hers?"
10. "How long did it take to get your hair done?"
11. "Is that a weave?"
12. "I can give you the name of a good hairdresser."
13. "Is it supposed to look like that?"
14. "Is that paint in your hair? (Referring to a gray streak.)"
15. "Wow. It's so soft. It looks coarser."
16. "Do you color it yourself?"
17. "It makes your face look fat."
18. "Are you wearing a wig?"
19. "Did you get that cut/color/style/perm because you're having a crisis?"
20. "Is that human hair?"
21. "What hairstyle (look) were you trying to go for?"
22."Wow, your hair looks so big!"
23. "Love your weave."
24. "I liked your hair the other color."
25. "Really do not like your hairstyle!"
26. "It'll grow out."
27. "When are you going to get your hair done, baby?"
28. "Honey, that hurr (hair) looks like a bird fight gone bad that got stomped on, chewed by a hungry dog, then pooped out, worms and all. Get that shit done."
29 ."She should use Rogaine."
30. "I like your hair better this way..."
31. "It's greasy."
32."She should get her money back."
33. "OMG. Who did your hair?"
34. "Bedhead, huh?"
35. "Is that all yours?"
36. "Are you getting your hair done?"
37. "Why darling, you're bald."
38. "Oh, it's shorter than usual. Well, it will grow out."
39. "Who's hair is that, and why are you wearing it?"
40. "How is your wig?"
41. "It makes you look old."
42. "Wow! You got big hair!"
43. "I think you need to color your hair."
44. "It's just different, that's all."
45. "Is it real?"
46. "It's fugly."
47. "You look like Nicki Minaj."
48. "What made you get it like that?"
49. "Is that how you're gonna wear your hair out?"
50. Anything negative at all. We all have mirrors. We already know.
Anything you'd like to add to this list? Sound off in the comments section or tweet @HuffPostBeauty.
Check out our favorite celebrity 'dos of 2012 and practice giving a good compliment:
The “Les Misérables” leading lady skipped out on donning one of those bad movie wigs, and cut off her long locks into a boyish pixie. Bravo, Anne!
We didn’t think Bey could look even more glamorous post-baby, until she showed up courtside sporting graduated bangs.
Mrs. Justin Timberlake hopped on the bang bandwagon this year, and has been riding the celebrity hair trend like a pro.
We never thought we’d see the days (or weeks) when this pop star would go without wearing rainbow-colored hair. But brunette has never looked better.
Miley has made a complete 180-degree turn since hanging up her “Hannah Montana” costumes, including cutting her hair into an edgy pixie.
The “Unapologetic” singer looked more like a cute cherub with her jet black pixie -- a sweet switch up from her undercut.
The duchess’ seventies-inspired bangs proved that pregnancy won’t cramp her style.
Swift’s signature style has made her pretty predictable. However, she threw us for a loop when she not only took a break from wearing bold red lips, but introduced these brow-grazing bangs.
She may have gone blonde for an upcoming movie, but we may be a bit bossy to say we rather her maintain this look.
When HuffPost Style senior beauty editor Simone Kitchens spotted Kloss backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show with a new bob hairstyle, for once we weren't focused on their sexy lingerie.
We already adored this funny girl and her ravishing red hair, but she sure is beautiful as a blonde.
After wrapping up a successful first season of “Girls,” Dunham did what everybody else in Hollywood was doing and got a pixie haircut. But we ain’t mad at her.
Keys’ hit all the right notes with an asymmetrical bob that accentuated her oval face shape.
The "Five-Year Engagement" actress’ lighter locks accentuates her glowy complexion and baby blue eyes.
The “Mad Men” actress’ mousy brown locks made her appear well beyond her years, while this bright blonde hue is youthful and fresh.
Okay, we get that this is one of 2012’s most dramatic transformations. But you gotta admit that Lawrence’s chocolate hair color adds mystique.
All we can really say is “Wow!”
One of the highlights of this past awards season was when Davis debuted her natural curly hair.
This royal beauty’s short crop is conservative, yet chic.
Hough’s drastic long-to-short hair makeover definitely made her one to watch.
Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz’s little lady is all grown-up with this layered short haircut .
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)