TV
08/07/2013 12:57 pm ET

Paula Deen Rejects 'Dancing With The Stars' Offer (REPORT)

AP

Paula Deen has rejected an offer to appear on "Dancing With the Stars, according to Us Weekly.

"The dance floor is not the appropriate forum for her," a source close to the former Foot Network star told the magazine.

Deen made headlines in June for admitting to using a racial slur while taping a deposition. Since then, she's lost a variety of sponsors and been dropped by the Food Network. In late June, rumors about Deen appearing on "Dancing" for redemption started to kick into high gear.

Deen's not the only star to turn down "DWTS." Geraldo Rivera, who recently made headlines with a risque photo, said he's been offered a spot on the series. However, he won't be "Dancing."

"Dancing With the Stars" returns Monday, Sept. 16 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Dancing With the Stars Season 16 Cast Stills

Subscribe to the Entertainment email.
Home to your favorite fan theories and the best movie recs.

CONVERSATIONS