This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- NOAA officials warned that this year's hurricane season will be more active than usual, with several potentially dangerous months ahead.
- Tropical storm Henriette became the strongest of the season after being upgraded to a Category 1 hurricane.
- The Midwest was pummeled with severe rains that caused widespread flooding, responsible for several deaths.
- A heroic video emerged of rescuers saving a baby from a home ravaged by rising waters.
- One person was killed in Colorado after torrential rains triggered flash floods and a mudslide.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme Weather 8/11/13