Bon Appetit has announced its annual list of the "Hot 10" new restaurants in the country. These 10 hot spots were narrowed down from a list of 50 nominations selected by Andrew Knowlton, the magazine's restaurant and drink editor.
Knowlton named Alma, a 39-seat restaurant in Los Angeles, his number one pick. "At Alma, I'd experienced something special -- that unique moment when potential meets skill and anything seems possible. I saw a star born," he wrote.
Here are the top 10 new restaurants in the country:
10. Aska: Brooklyn, NY
9. The Whale Wins & Joule: Seattle, WA
8. Jeffrey's & Josephine House: Austin, TX
7. The Optimist: Atlanta, GA
6. The Pass & Provisions: Houston, TX
5. Ava Gene's: Portland, OR
4. Fat Rice: Chicago, IL
3. Rolf & Daughters: Nashville, TN
2. Saison: San Francisco, CA
1. Alma: Los Angeles, CA