Given that you'll have approximately 25,000 mornings to wake up to as an adult, you might as well make sure you're getting the most out of them.
Mornings can often feel frantic -- between the awful sound of your alarm clock, rushing to get organized for the day and dealing with your commute, it's easy to start your day in less than a great mood. Making your mornings productive and pleasant can set a positive tone that goes a long way. So we asked our Twitter followers what small things made their mornings easier, and gathered a few tips from Reddit.
Here are 11 morning life hacks to try out:
- Eat breakfast. Just do it.
- @meenalaregina suggests prepping your outfit, makeup, lunch and gym bag the night before -- it will make it that much easier to get out of the door on time.
- Wake up really early. Obama, Anna Wintour and Disney CEO Robert Iger all wake up very early to get in some "me" time before work. Though a 4:30am start certainly isn't for anyone, you might be surprised at the change it makes to your daily routine. (Just remember to go to bed early so that you still get enough sleep.)
- If you tend to hit the snooze button a few times in the morning, @OhThatMaggie recommends carving out extra time by setting your alarm even earlier. You'll still get to snooze, but you'll actually get out of bed on time, too.
- Drink a large glass of iced water, like Redditor The_New_Kid22, to help you feel more awake instantly.
- Take a moment for yourself. @MsToshaRae allows herself 20 minutes of quiet time before her day begins.
- In that vein, try meditating -- @JuliaSchulkers meditates for five minutes every morning to get centered for the day ahead.
- Go for a short walk before you start working -- Redditor LordOfKleenex swears by it.
- If you work out in the mornings, try sleeping in your workout gear. It will save some time, and keep you motivated.
- Spend five minutes going over your schedule for the day ahead so that you're aware of everything you need to do.
- Play some music while you're getting dressed and eating breakfast -- according to@TheWomensBook, it will get you in a good mood.
What are some of your favorite make-your-morning-better tricks? Comment below, or tweet @HuffPostWomen!