What's the best new drama of the 2013-2014 TV season? HuffPost TV rounded up 19 of the top TV critics in the country to share their picks, and seven new shows got a shout-out.
While there was a clear favorite in the Best New Comedy video we posted yesterday, the dramas have us a bit more divided. From a hotly anticipated new cable series to shows in the sci-fi, thriller and comic book genres, there are also some new genres to explore: twisted history and literary time travel revamp.
Watch the video, above, to see which new dramas should be on your must-see list, then check back all week long for more from the critics. We'll be posting a new video each day this week, including picks for Favorite TV Star, Most Anticipated Returning Show and Worst New Show.
Tell us: Which new dramas are you most excited for?
Tune-in info for all the shows mentioned:
- "Masters of Sex" premieres Sun., Sept. 29 at 10 p.m. ET on Showtime.
- "Reign" premieres Thurs., Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. ET on The CW.
- "The Blacklist" premieres Mon., Sept. 23 at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.
- "Hostages" premieres Mon., Sept. 23 at 10 p.m. ET on CBS.
- "Sleepy Hollow" premieres Mon., Sept. 16 at 9 p.m. ET on Fox.
- "Almost Human" premieres Mon., Nov. 4 at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
- "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." premieres Tues., Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
A special thanks to all of the critics who shared their opinions, in order of appearance:
Dan Fienberg from HitFix; Alan Sepinwall from HitFix; Ellen Gray from the Philadelphia Daily News; James Poniewozik from Time Magazine; Todd VanDerWerff from The A.V. Club; Tierney Bricker from E! Online; Denise Martin from Vulture; yours truly; Jarett Wieselman from ETonline.com; Meg Masters from TVLine; Damian Holbrook from TV Guide Magazine; Gail Pennington from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch; Alyssa Rosenberg from ThinkProgress.org; Michael O'Connell from THR.com; Melanie McFarland from IMDb TV; Sarah Rodman from The Boston Globe; HuffPost TV's own Mo Ryan; Eric Goldman from IGN; and Laura Prudom from HuffPost TV.