This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- The U.S. Forest Service said the massive Yosemite Rim Fire was started by a hunter's illegal blaze.
- Why has the 2013 hurricane season been so quiet?
- NOAA released a report saying Hurricane Sandy-like flooding was now twice as likely to occur due to climate change.
- The hottest winter on record was recorded in New Zealand.
- Ducks are dying in Oregon due to an outbreak of avian botulism, possibly due to drought.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
Extreme Weather 9/8/2013