If only life were like our favorite TV shows. As much as we love them, they sure set us up with some false expectations.
1. Adolescents will have "inconspicuous" ladders leading to their second floor bedrooms and their parents will remain blissfully ignorant.
2. People at your high school will look like this.
3. You can eat pizza for breakfast, Oreos for lunch and Chinese food for dinner and maintain your girlish figure.
4. In college, you will live in a palace ... at least by normal dorm room standards.
5. You will have a new love interest pretty much once a week.
6. 9-5 jobs aren't really a thing. You will spend the majority of your 20-something hours at a coffee shop with a guy named Gunther.
7. No one locks their doors.
8. Broken engagements are as frequent as commercial breaks.
9. Your weekly sex column salary will allot you the funds for a huge Manhattan apartment complete with a walk-in closet and many pairs of Manolo Blahniks.
10. Paper can be sexy.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
All the fan theories and spoilers you actually WANT. Learn more