It hasn't been an easy time for Rick Grimes and Co. on "The Walking Dead." What with the zombies, tyrannical leaders, more zombies, babies, affairs, inmates, etc., it's been a rough three seasons.
Season 4 of "The Walking Dead" kicks off on Sunday, Oct. 13 and we've got some hopes and dreams for the new year of adventures featuring Rick, Michonne, Daryl and the rest of the zombie apocalypse survivors.
1. The Governor dying. Nothing against David Morrissey, but his character has got to go this season. Fans need it, and the characters he's tortured need it.
2. Rick giving more wonderful speeches. For the comic relief, of course.
3. More Michonne. Always.
4. Carl becoming even more badass. Comics Carl is way scarier than TV Carl. Chandler Riggs can pull it off, plus it's great drama for Rick.
5. Fewer clean cars. C'mon.
6. A bigger helping of Morgan Jones. Crazy or not, that's at your discretion, "Walking Dead" writers.
7. More of Beth's a cappella twists on awesome songs. "Smash" was canceled, give us some music! More of Beth in general would be cool, too -- we hardly know anything about her.
8. For Tyreese to stop being squeamish about killing. Seriously, dude needs to kick some ass like comic fans know he can. Someone get him a new hammer!
9. For Glenn and Maggie to have a happy ending. They're just so cute.
10. More Michonne doing this!
"The Walking Dead" airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on AMC.