This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- Cyclone Phailin slammed into India, displacing hundreds of thousands.
- Hurricane Sandy recovery is still far from over in parts of New Jersey.
- A massive spruce beetle outbreak was probably caused by drought, researchers say.
- More oil and gas wastewater was found in Colorado following severe flooding.
- An incredible waterspout was spotted in Biscayne Bay.
- And this island paradise is slowly being consumed by nature after a volcanic eruption.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
Extreme Weather Photos 10/13/2013