As the New Yorkers of 2013 choose Brooklyn over Manhattan, cheap beer over Cosmos and sales over Soho, "Sex And The City" is consistently slammed for its unrealistic plotlines and false expectations.
We get it, and we even get why Carrie Bradshaw is considered kind of annoying -- she did say she would rather read Vogue than eat -- but there were a few times when Carrie and her friends hit the nail on the head.
1. "Friendships don't magically last 40 years. You have to invest in them."
2. "The universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humor."
3. "You and I are like that red wall. It's a good idea in theory, but somehow it doesn't quite work."
4. "Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right."
5. "Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better."
6. "As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, woulda, shoulda, buckle up and just keep going."
7. "You shouldn't have to sacrifice who you are just because somebody else has a problem with it."
8. "Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be."
9. "No matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you'll never get through it without your friends."
10. "Eventually all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason."
11. "The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you that you love, well, that's just fabulous."
Also on HuffPost:
More:Sex And The City Kristin Davis TV Canada Sex And The City Advice Sex And The City Quotes Sex And The City Cast
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more