LATINO VOICES
10/21/2013 09:54 am ET Updated Jul 28, 2014

Antonio Banderas Says Chilean Miners Movie 'The 33' Is Still In The Works

By Michael Lopez

tr3s_logo_tagline_a_purpleaccent

Still wondering when that Chilean miners movie will see the light of day? Well last week, star Antonio Banderas offered fans an official update.

For months, the high-profile project has been plagued with difficulties. One of the biggest snafus happened when female lead Jennifer Lopez decided to unexpectedly drop out.

But Antonio assured the press that the project is moving forward. According to him, the producers are just being extra careful about properly polishing the script.

“[The producers] are continuing to work on it,” he said. “They are having conversations with those people who experienced this event.”

Let’s hope those conversations don’t last too much longer, because we’d love to see Los 33 on the big screen before the end of next year.

Read more Blogamole's News and Chisme here.

ALSO ON HUFFPOST:

PHOTO GALLERIES
50 Most Beautful Latinos in Hollywood

CONVERSATIONS