Huffpost Weird News

Dog Reaching For Treats On Stovetop Blamed For Apartment Fire

Posted: Updated:
File photo.
File photo.

WENATCHEE, Wash. -- WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) — Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and started a fire causing smoke damage to an apartment in the central Washington city of Wenatchee.

Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ radio that it appears the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned on the stove with its paw.

Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived.

He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

Wenatchee, a city of more than 30,000, is about 130 miles from Seattle.

___

Information from: KPQ-AM, http://www.kpq.com/

Also on HuffPost:

Close
Animals In The News
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction

Around the Web

Dog Blamed for Apartment Fire in Wash. State - ABC News

Dog reaching for treats blamed for Wash. apartment fire | Local ...

Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wash. state | CharlotteObserver.com

Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wash. state - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wash. state