Huffpost Crime

Toddler Burned Severely After Gasoline On Slide Sparks Fire

Posted: Updated:
SLIDE
File photo | Getty
Print

LOGANVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities in Georgia say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman says deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ( HTTP://BIT.LY/1BWQR66 ) reports that authorities are treating the case as an accident and don't anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

Also on HuffPost:

Close
Dangerous Days
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction

Around the Web

Toddler burned when gasoline on slide ignites