Get ready to waste an hour or four, because today we're bringing you the 20 most delicious, innovative and bizarre music videos of 2013.
Forget that MTV now appears to run reality TV meltdowns rather than new songs -- we want to honor this year's magical combination of infectious hits and over-the-top visuals that make music videos come to life, whether you find them online or on television. These works haunt our YouTube histories, shorten our attention spans and make the soundtrack-less real world a bit more enjoyable, which is why we love them.
This year's batch contains big shots and newcomers, human turkeys, abominable snowmen, puppets, interactive videos and Kim Kardashian. What more could you want? Let us know what we forgot in the comments.
1. David Bowie -- The Next Day
Best terrifying crucifixion dance party.
2. Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band -- Bad Dancer
Best magic that only Yoko Ono could create!
3. Disclosure -- When A Fire Starts To Burn
Best sermon turned rager.
4. Bat For Lashes -- Lilies
Best muppet love story.
5. Beach House -- Wishes
Best way to make high school not look miserable.
6. Janelle Monáe -- Q.U.E.E.N. feat. Erykah Badu
Best futuristic monochrome fabulousness.
7. The Can't Tells -- Insincere
Best way to ruin your appetite.
8. FKA Twigs -- Water Me
Best tripped out moving portrait.
9. HAIM -- The Wire
Best crying. Ever.
10. Vikesh Kapoor -- Bottom Of The Ladder
Best tessellation IRL.
11. Pharrell -- Happy
Best way to spend 24 hours.
12. Rhye -- Open
Best motivation to flee with your lover to a faraway cabin ASAP.
13. Solange -- Lovers In The Parking Lot
Best jazz inspired dance moves.
14. Yeah Yeah Yeah's -- Mosquito
Best unexplained cameo by a child.
15. Mykki Blanco -- The Initiation
Best use of bald head as a canvas.
16. Pissed Jeans -- Romanticize Me
Best badass figure skating.
17. Cocorosie -- After The Afterlife
Best tropical vacation with an abominable snowman.
18. Arcade Fire -- Afterlife
19. Yo La Tengo -- I'll Be Around
Best way to catch up on your reading.
20. Bob Dylan -- Like A Rolling Stone
Best interactive video that you and your dad can both enjoy.
BONUS: Kanye West -- Bound 2
Best meme-worthy video.
See last year's picks here.
Level up. Read THIS and be the most interesting person at your dinner party. Learn more