The longer you're married, the harder it can be to come up with a unique gift idea at Christmas. I always hope my husband will offer me some kind of clue by offhandedly making mention of something he would really like throughout the year. But that almost never happens.
We asked our Facebook fans what they'd REALLY love to get from their long-time spouse this year -- and we were rewarded with a wide range of answers. One woman, Judith C. Warren, said she only wants time to herself. Another woman, Holli Allen Magill, said she'd just like a gift -- any gift. Not surprisingly, people's preferences run the gamut, from fine jewelry to sexy pajamas. The common theme running through all the responses though is that putting thought into a gift still counts -- for a lot.
Here's what some others had to say. Have anything to add? Let us know in comments.
1) "Three months snowbirding somewhere in warm weather," said Rachel Cracken Herbig.
2) "A weekend away -- just the two of us," said Diane Franklin Slimbock.
3) "I'd like him to stop snoring," said Lisa Ernest Bondeson.
5) "I'd like a little more romance in our marriage," said Lisa O'Neill.
6) "A vacation to a cabin in the woods," said Sherrill Cochran Hubbard.
7) "A trip to play golf at Pebble Beach," said Jean Dedeke Gill.
8) "Venice -- uncrowded," said Sandhi Schimmel Gold.
9)"Lovemaking with a romantic setting," said Maria Miguel Grullon.
10) "He's already given me my dream gift this year -- a brand new kitchen," said Peggy Bell Nolan.
12) "I don't have a spouse, but if I did, my wish would be for a trip to Paris," said Jane Elizabeth Anderson Barlow.
13) "A couple of weeks in Hawaii, just the two of us, to see the beautiful islands," said Barbara Perry.
14) "A new 4x4. His old one has 200k+ miles," said Jaye DeVeney Gilleland.
15) "A clothes steamer," said Anita Skeets Rogers.
16) "A trip to Europe!" said Pam Duoba.
17) "An apology," said Cheryl Weisser.
19) "A trip to Sicily," said Nina Piraino Bruno.
20) "His [good] health," said Gracious Palmer.
21) "A bedroom makeover," said Kimberly Minton Freeman.
23) "We got a Keurig coffee maker & vinyl siding for our house!" said Melinda Greer Green.
24) "The keys to a house in Anaheim!" said DavidandJeanne Rose.
25) "Some bloody peace and quiet," said Sanna McIvor.
EARLIER ON HUFFPOST50:
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most. Learn more