As the year comes to an end, the Hawaiian islands are enjoying some standbys: spontaneous rainbows, days of powerful surf pulsed with days of calm, cradling waters, breathtaking sunsets that allude to the end of something beautiful and the start of something new.
Island residents and visitors are soaking up every last drop of 2013. Below, see six ways Hawaii's kamaaina (people of the land) are savoring the last few days of this year and showing off, once again, why we are #LuckyWeLiveHawaii in 2014 and beyond.
1. We workout in the most beautiful places possible.
2. We open our arms to all of mother nature's blessings.
3. We take time to relax and unwind in the water...
... poolside and oceanside ...
... and next to waterfalls.
4. We let the current take us...
...even if it's a scary ride.
5. We are committed to making every moment an adventure.
6. And we make sure to do all of the above with the ones we love.