A 20-year-old man in England recently got the wrong kind of "crunch" in his chocolate bar.
When Jake Keating, of Liverpool, unwrapped his Cadbury Dairy Milk bar he says he found a wasp -- with its wings fully intact -- baked into the chocolate bar. He posted a photo of the insect-embedded candy bar to Twitter on Jan. 22.
— Jake Keating (@Jakeating_) January 22, 2014
"We’d love to reply with a pun, but we want you to know how seriously we’re taking this, so we won’t," the chocolatier tweeted in response to Keating's photo. Cadbury has said it will launch an investigation into the incident, the Independent reports.
In the United States, federal regulations actually permit a small amount of insect pieces in certain foods. According to the Food and Drug Administration, chocolate is considered unsafe for consumption if the "chocolate in six (6) 100 gram subsamples contains an average of 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams."
Keating certainly isn't the first to find a so-called "mealbreaker" in a major chain's product. In December, a female staffer for the Wall Street Journal said she found a dead frog nestled between the leafy greens of her salad from Pret A Manger, a United Kingdom-based salad and sandwich chain. That same month, a patron of fast food chain Wendy's said she discovered a half-smoked blunt inside her burger.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
All the meal hacks and indulgent snacks. You’re welcome. Learn more