Grand gestures are nice and all, but it's often the little things spouses do for each other that have the most impact. We recently asked our readers to tell us which small-but-sweet gestures have the power to make their day. Below are 14 acts of love and kindness that you can start doing for your husband or wife right now.
1) In the winter, start the car while your spouse is getting ready for work. Nothing beats a nice, toasty car on an ice-cold morning.
2) Kiss first thing in the morning before you even get out of bed. There's no better way to start the day!
3) Greet your husband or wife at the front door as soon as he or she gets home from work -- or anywhere.
4) Hide little gifts around the house. Treasure hunt, anyone?
5) Carry the laundry baskets to and from the laundry room when your wife is pregnant (or any time, really).
6) Text each other from work in the morning just to say "I love you" and "Have a great day".
7) Stock the fridge with your spouse's favorite food or drink.
8) Bring your love breakfast in bed. Because breakfast eaten underneath a comforter always tastes the best.
9) Make the coffee in the morning. Bonus points if you put out the cream and sugar, just the way your spouse likes it.
10) Have an early morning cuddle session. If the dog jumps in, all the better.
11) Put a sweet Post-it note in your spouse's lunch box. A simple midday "I love you" will instantly turn your husband or wife's frown upside-down.
12) Write a cute message in dry erase marker on the bathroom mirror. It puts a smile on your spouse's face before he or she even gets in the shower!
13) If you have small kids, get up first and change the baby's morning diaper.
14) Make dinner and do the dishes.