George Zimmerman's controversial celebrity boxing match has been officially canceled.
Amidst heavy criticism for organizing the March 1 fight, celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman announced the fight's cancellation on Twitter Saturday and apologized for offending anyone with the proposed match.
The George Zimmerman fight is canceled I'm sorry for anyone I hurt with this but this was a very big opportunity thank you
— Damon Feldman (@hollywoodbox11) February 8, 2014
Zimmerman was found not guilty in July 2013 for the fatal shooting of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Florida.
Feldman announced in a press release on Feb. 5, that Zimmerman would fight rapper DMX in a celebrity boxing match, however the announcement was unconfirmed by the rapper.
In response to the fight's cancellation, a representative for DMX emailed The Huffington Post with a statement, saying: "Damon Feldman has announced that the George Zimmerman fight is cancelled via his Twitter. As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX's fans. This situation will not affect any of DMX's upcoming concerts in America or around the world."
When rumors of the fight first began circulating earlier this month, rapper The Game told TMZ he would love to "beat the f**k out of" George Zimmerman in the ring come March, and told the news outlet, "I would not be boxing for me. I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family."