Ah, April Fools' Day. It's all fun and games until the prank is on you, but that doesn't mean you need to spend the next 24 hours living like a paranoid hermit.
Here are 13 signs you're taking the threat of being pranked on April 1st just a little too seriously.
1. You stocked up on water and batteries for no good reason.
2. You're suspicious of anyone who tries to get you to leave your home.
3. You've started knocking on wood after everything you say.
4. You purchased a helmet just in case you have to go outside.
5. You're considering shutting off your Internet for the entire day.
7. You've taken all the doors in your house off their hinges.
8. You hired a taster to try all your food before you eat it.
6. You're ignoring texts and letting all your calls go to voicemail until April 2.
9. You gave your family a "safe word" for if they're actually sick and need you to take them to the hospital.
10. You have an intricate plan for faking your own death should you need to implement it.
11. You bought a lie detector and invited all your friends over for mandatory interrogations.
12. Your boss asked you to have an impromptu meeting on Tuesday so you quit your job.
13. You've crafted a revenge prank that's so intense, if you have to use it, you'll probably go to jail. No, you'll definitely go to jail.
If you're exhibiting any of the above behaviors, just relax. It's only 24 hours. Just watch out for stuff like this.
Okay, maybe you should be worried.
All images via GIPHY unless otherwise noted.
Also on HuffPost:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more