As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Leonardo DiCaprio could play Steve Jobs for director Danny Boyle in Aaron Sorkin's untitled movie about the Apple Computer co-founder. David Fincher was previously attached to direct the film, albeit in the loosest of terms, with rumors that he wanted Christian Bale to play Jobs.
Whether this ever happens with DiCaprio is, of course, up for great debate. Since saying in December of 2013 that he was ready to take a "long break" after filming "The Great Gatsby," "Django Unchained" and "The Wolf of Wall Street" in succession, DiCaprio has found himself attached to no fewer five projects. In the last 13 months, he's been associated with nine films. Ahead a brief rundown of DiCaprio's ever-growing docket, as told by the Hollywood trades.
1. A Rasputin movie. "Warner Bros has acquired Rasputin, a pitch by American Sniper scribe Jason Hall that will be developed for Leonardo DiCaprio to play the Russian mystic who became an advisor to the Russian Imperial family the Romanovs." -- Deadline.com, June 7, 2013
2. An adaptation of S. Craig Zahler's come novel, "Mean Business On North Ganson Street." "In the first major deal made by Greg Silverman since he was promoted to run Warner Bros‘ worldwide feature film production arm, the studio has acquired the upcoming S. Craig Zahler crime novel 'Mean Business On North Ganson Street' as a reteam of Django Unchained stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx." -- Deadline.com, June 27, 2013
3. A movie based on King Harald. "Warner Bros has made a preemptive acquisition of King Harald, a pitch that Mark L. Smith is writing as a potential vehicle for Leonardo DiCaprio. The subject: Harald Hardrada, the 11th Century conqueror who has been called the last great Viking king." -- Deadline.com, Aug. 6, 2013
4. A Woodrow Wilson movie. "Warner Bros is acquiring Wilson, the just published Putnam biography of Woodrow Wilson, the academic-turned-politician who led the United States into joining the allies in WWI. The deal is being made to develop the film as a potential star vehicle for Leonardo DiCaprio, with he and Appian Way partner Jennifer Davisson Killoran producing with Berg." -- Deadline.com, Sept. 16, 2013
5. A film based on the Vanity Fair article "The Ballad of Richard Jewell." "Leonardo DiCaprio will play a lawyer Jewell knew casually, a Southern attorney who mostly did real estate closings and seemed in over his head, but he guided Jewell through a hellish Twilight Zone that went on even after the FBI officially cleared Jewell’s name three months later." -- Deadline.com, Feb. 4, 2014
6. An adaptation of Michael Armour's "The Road Home." "'Crazy Heart' helmer Scott Cooper has signed on the write the script, direct and produce with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran’s Warner Bros-based Appian Way. The drama will be shaped as a potential star vehicle for DiCaprio." -- Deadline.com, Feb. 23, 2014
7. An adaptation of Jo Nesbo's "Blood on Snow." "'Safe House' helmer Daniel Espinosa is in talks with Warner Bros. to develop to direct 'Blood On Snow,' which Leonardo DiCaprio is eyeing as a potential star vehicle." -- Deadline.com, March 5, 2014
8. An adaptation of Michael Punke's "The Revenant." "Leonardo DiCaprio has committed to star this September in 'The Revenant,' a gritty thriller that Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu will direct for New Regency, for fall 2015 release through Fox." -- Deadline.com, April 15, 2014
9. A Steve Jobs movie. "Moving fast to replace David Fincher on its highly anticipated Steve Jobs movie, Sony Pictures is in talks with Danny Boyle to direct the biopic of the late Apple Computer co-founder. Boyle is said to have approached Leonardo DiCaprio to star." -- The Hollywood Reporter, April 21, 2014
For more on this latest DiCaprio report, head to THR.
Also on HuffPost:
More:Leonardo Dicaprio Steve Jobs Movie Steve Jobs Movie David Fincher Steve Jobs Aaron Sorkin Leonardo Dicaprio Steve Jobs
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more