The Washington, D.C. elite and Palo Alto's biggest brains should never mix, according to "Veep" Season 3 Episode 4, "Clovis." Selina and her entourage toured Clovis, a Google-like internet company headed by Craig (it's pronounced Craaaaaig) who doesn't keep a schedule and insists on calling the veep by her first name. Needless to say, this does not go over well.
Even though Selina and Jonah racked up the most laugh-out-loud lines this episode, Amy wins HuffPost's diss rankings. Clovis tried to poach her from the veep, but not even a Silicon Valley office filled with Legos couldn't drag Amy away from D.C. Here are the best lines from "Veep" Season 3 Episode 4.
- That's five thousand a ticket and ten thousand to be at the veep's table. Twenty thousand and Selena sits on your lap.
- WiFi, do you have that in Silicon Valley?
- She said we'd see Craig momentarily and our withdrawal from Afghanistan has been more momentarily than this.
- I love Silicon Valley! It's like a real can-do attitude. It's what D.C. must have been like under Jefferson.
- You want to do a selfie? I call this an usie! It's an iPhone joke.
- I lose women and what am I left with? I'm left with gay Latinos and Jews of college, I guess.
- You shouldn't make your first million until you're in your 30s. That's what Andrew and I did and it kept us completely grounded.
- This is kindergarten for cyber brats.
- Do they have a bathroom here or do they put their turds up in the cloud?
- The veep's gone to Silicon Valley of the Dolls and instead of California dreamin', she's got them California screamin'.
- Sue. Suester. Sue of steel. Su-su-sudio.
- We put it out there and then something will arrive that backs it up. Right? That's just journalism 101.
- Fuck you Kent Davison! Fuck you Mrs. Gravestock form the third grade. Fuck you, stepdad one and stepdad three!
- You take that chicken soup, and you shove it up your soul.
- At least Selena didn't torture any Iraqis. Unless she had an Iraqi maid or something.
- Then you go to Yahoo. But remember, when you're there don't use Google as a verb. They Yahoo there.
- I haven't seen my penis since the first Gulf War and I kind of miss the 'lil guy.