Savvy travelers might want to steer clear of California and Hawaii this holiday weekend.
Using data from Google Maps, the smart folks at Mashable put together this handy list of the top 10 freeways to totally avoid for your Memorial Day road trip.
AAA estimates that 36.1 million people will drive at least 50 miles between today and May 26 -- and you probably don't want to be among them on the below freeways, considered the nation's worst:
- Interstate H-1 E, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Interstate 5 N, in San Diego, California
- California 2 E, in Los Angeles, California
- Lunalilo Freeway, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- U.S. Highway 101, in Hollywood, California
Head over to Mashable to see the full list.