"Veep" Season 3 Episode 8 featured the absolute worst political debate in history. Drain plugs, eye twitches, loop (and legitimate) holes and that one forgotten R left all the candidates broken and battered as baseball coach Joe Thornhill pulled ahead in the polls. Selina got a terrible haircut, Dan came back from that mental breakdown and one speechwriter sucked.
Here are the best one-liners -- including one great Jonah diss -- from "Debate."
- Of course I don't like it, Gary. It's the worst use of scissors since my vasectomy.
- Think of all the lesbian jokes we're going to have to suffer. Strap on Selina. Seline Navratilova. Fingering the dyke.
- That's what marriage is, a conflict of interests.
- I did not need to be cured, Michael. I diagnosed myself with an acute case with Everything's Gonna Be Fine.
- Go fuck yourself Jack in the Giant Fruitstalk.
- I don't enjoy touching children's faces, Dan. Neither should you.
- World's worst boy band member ever, right there.
- If there is any dirty trick that I cannot stand, it's honesty.
- My position has always been clear on immigration. What the fuck was that thing?
- What is it with you guys? It's like flirting but sexless.
- Thank God for twitchy, he really saved that. Love that little guy.