Harrison Ford's Broken Ankle Will Keep Him Away From 'Star Wars' For 2 Months

Posted: Updated:
Print Article
HARRISON FORD
Harrison Ford's ankle injury is pretty serious. | Arthur Mola/Invision/AP

Harrison Ford was just placed on the "Star Wars" version of the disabled list. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the broken ankle Ford suffered on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII" last week will keep him sidelined for the next eight weeks. Per THR, the lack of Ford will not affect the release date for "Episode VII," which is slated for Dec. 18, 2015.

Ford injured his ankle on June 12.

“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of 'Star Wars: Episode VII,'" Disney said in a statement at the time. "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."

Ford is set to play Han Solo in "Episode VII," and according to previous reports his role is a substantial one. For more on his injury, head to THR. This news was first reported by The Mirror.

[via THR]

Also on HuffPost:

Star Wars Episode VII Cast
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction

Around the Web

Harrison Ford's broken ankle could sideline actor from filming 'Star Wars ...

Harrison Ford's broken ankle could need screws, son says; wife, Calista ...

Report: Harrison Ford Broke His Ankle In 'Star Wars' Injury

Harrison Ford's Injury Is WORSE Than Star Wars Producers Let On! And Now ...

Harrison Ford remains in hospital for injuries suffered from 'Star Wars' filming