AC/DC Will 'Very Likely' Go On Tour This Year, Says Frontman Brian Johnson

06/20/2014 12:59 pm ET | Updated Jun 20, 2014
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Here's some exciting news for AC/DC fans: It seems the Australian rockers will take to the stage sooner than expected.

In a Thursday message posted on his car racing website, band frontman Brian Johnson wrote that the group will "very likely" go on tour "before the end of the year."

"So stand by for more music," he wrote.

His announcement comes several months after he revealed plans for a 40th anniversary tour.

In February, the singer said in a radio interview that the band would try to "do 40 shows to thank the fans for their undying loyalty."

"We'll have to go out, even though we’re getting a bit long in the tooth," he told Florida radio station 98.7 The Gater. "You know what? It's been four years [since we last went on tour], and I'm really looking forward to it."

Johnson added at the time that the band was also planning to record a new album.

The future of AC/DC has been in question since guitarist Malcolm Young's departure from the band earlier this year. In April, The Associated Press reported that Young -- who founded the band with his brother, Angus, in 1973 -- was taking a break from AC/DC for health reasons.

Also on HuffPost:

Celebrity News & Photos

YOU MAY LIKE

CONVERSATIONS