"Saturday Night Live" has shed two freshman and one veteran from its sprawling cast. Featured players Noël Wells and John Milhiser and long-time cast member Nasim Pedrad will not return to "SNL" for the show's 40th season, this according to Deadline.com. When asked to comment on the news by HuffPost Entertainment, a representative for NBC said that the network does not discuss casting changes on the show.
Wells and Milhiser joined the "SNL" cast as featured players before the start of the 39th season in 2013; Pedrad has been with the show since 2009. Her departure is at least in part due to her co-starring role on Fox's "Mulaney," which debuts this fall.
"I haven't heard any official word so far, but I love ['Mulaney'] so much," Pedrad told BuzzFeed back in June when asked about her "Saturday Night Live" status. "I have an apartment in L.A. and, as far as I know, I'm in L.A. now."
The news of these departures comes on the heels of another rookie cast member, Brooks Whelan, being let go from the show as well. Wheelan tweeted the news on Monday, July 14.
Had a blast and loved every second of it. I'm totally honored to be able to make this next joke... FIRED FROM NEW YORK IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!
— Brooks Wheelan (@brookswheelan) July 14, 2014
It has long been expected that "Saturday Night Live" would make big adjustments to its cast before the start of Season 40. "We're still in the middle of rebuilding," executive producer Lorne Michaels told Deadline.com back in June. "So there will be changes this year."
For more on Milhiser, Wells and Pedrad, head to Deadline.com.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more