POLITICS
08/21/2014 09:03 pm ET | Updated Aug 22, 2014

Deval Patrick Is 'Sick of Unarmed Black Men Being Shot By Police'

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) weighed in Wednesday on the ongoing unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, following the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager, by a police officer.

A reporter asked Patrick for his thoughts on the situation in the St. Louis suburb, and the governor responded, "I'm sick of it."

"I'm sick of unarmed black men being shot by police. I'm sick of the lawlessness on the streets. I think everybody's tired of it," Patrick said. "When are we gonna get through with this kind of thing?"

Attorney General Eric Holder arrived in Ferguson later Wednesday to meet with officials as part of a federal investigation into Brown's death. Patrick said he hoped the investigation would have a swift resolution.

"I'm hopeful, with the attorney general of the United States going out, that federal law enforcement will be fully engaged, and I hope bring to a decision quickly," he said. "But that's a really tough mission that he's set out on, and I know that from some experience."

Holder told reporters Thursday that the Department of Justice will "continue to stand with Ferguson."

"Few things have affected me as greatly as my trip to Ferguson," he said.

08/26/2014 7:49 AM EDT

The Toll On Michael Brown's Family

USA Today's Yamiche Alcindor provides an intimate look at how Michael Brown's parents have been dealing with the loss of their son:

Phones constantly ring with reporters asking for interviews or family members offering support. Last week, as demands reached a tipping point, both parents moved into hotels to shield themselves.

In the days leading up to the funeral, Brown's mother continued to cry and spoke in whispers as she tried to explain her feelings.

"They say tomorrow is going to be the hardest day, but I think today was — just seeing my baby laying there, cold," Lesley McSpadden, 34, told USA TODAY. "It did something to my heart. It's too much. It's too much."

Read the rest at USA Today.

08/26/2014 7:44 AM EDT

New Audio Allegedly Captures Moment Michael Brown Was Shot

New audio has surfaced that allegedly captures the moment when Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager, was shot dead by Darren Wilson, a white police officer, on Aug. 9.

CNN aired the unverified recording on Monday night. Six shots can be heard, followed by a pause, then several more. A private autopsy performed on Aug. 17 at the request of Brown's family found that the 18-year-old was shot 6 times, including twice in the head.

Read the rest here.

08/25/2014 12:58 PM EDT

Al Sharpton: America, It's Time To Deal With Policing

08/25/2014 12:53 PM EDT

Al Sharpton: All Of Us Are Required To Respond

08/25/2014 12:48 PM EDT

Benjamin Crump: We Will Not Accept Three-Fifths Justice For Michael Brown

08/25/2014 12:28 PM EDT

Funeral Program Includes Tribute From Michael Brown's Parents

USA Today reporter, Yamiche Alcindor shares photo of program which includes tributes to Michael Brown from his mother and father

08/25/2014 12:22 PM EDT