UPDATE: ABC confirmed that Chris Soules is the new "Bachelor" during a segment on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, Aug. 27. "I was humbled, flattered, grateful," Soules said when asked how he felt. "I was able to tell my parents and my family and they're extremely excited... everybody's been very supportive." He also spoke about his experience on "The Bachelorette," saying he didn't expect he could fall in love so quickly. "I believe in the process. I believe in what I went through on the previous show. That's why I'm doing it."
EARLIER: America, here's your chance to fall in love with a farmer. ABC cast "Bachelorette" fan favorite Chris Soules as the new "Bachelor" for next season, Us Weekly reports.
Arie Luyendyk Jr., the runner-up from Emily Maynard's season of "The Bachelorette," was also in the running, but tweeted that he wouldn't be on the show. "I'm not the Bachelor, have fun on the farm people," he wrote, clearly referencing Soules, a 32-year-old farmer from Arlington, Iowa. ABC has yet to announce the news, but a rep for "The Bachelor" told HuffPost Entertainment that the official announcement will be made on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
Soules made it all the way to hometown dates during Andi Dorfman's season of "The Bachelorette," but was sent home before entering the "Fantasy Suite."
Soules was rumored to be the next "Bachelor" for weeks, after Reality Steve reported, "This is his gig if he wants it." The spoiler site also reported that Soules signed his contract and that ABC was already filming at the Iowa State Fair, where Soules met Rick Perry.
Earlier in the summer, he told the Des Moines Register that being the next "Bachelor" made sense. "It was a good opportunity for a guy like me," he said. "And it's an even better opportunity to be on the other side, where you have the opportunity to meet 25 incredible women. So yeah, I would definitely consider it." Looks like ABC -- and America -- agreed.