Apple has a gorgeous new MacBook coming, and it's thinner, lighter and golder than any MacBook before it. Yes, it comes in gold.
Apple announced the new laptop at its event in San Francisco on Monday. “It is unbelievable! Can you even see it?” joked CEO Tim Cook.
Here are the basics:
- It's so thin that it doesn't even have a traditional USB port.
- It comes in gold and gray.
- It weighs 2 pounds and is 0.5 inch at its thickest point. That's 24 percent thinner than the 11-inch MacBook Air.
- You can buy one for $1,299, or $1,599 for one with a faster processor and 512 gigabytes of storage.
- It has a Retina display.
- It has "all-day battery life."
- It has no fans, so it runs in silence.
- It has a cool new trackpad called Forced Touch.
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more