Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is looking for a Director of Visuals, to lead and build out our visual storytelling teams, including our photo, graphics, data visualization, interactive storytelling and multimedia departments. We are rapidly hiring in these areas, and the right leader will have the chance to bring in new talent and build a team at the largest news site in the US.
Requirements for Success:
* Ensure importance of and emphasis on visual storytelling throughout the newsroom
* Work with our current visual teams and recruit great new talent to join HP
* Create a strategy that enables a mix of long- and short-lead projects.
* Work with our design team to establish visual style
* Establish hiring priorities and establish deputies for visual departments
* Be brimming with ideas for original projects
* Teach newsroom best practices and communicate the best tools that our journalists can use independently
* Champion UGC content and help to develop our photo blogger community
*Ensure quality and consistency of output in a fast-paced newsroom environment
* Work closely with our growing video team to ensure collaboration and consistency across editorial
* Have a history of success as a graphics, photo, interactive or data viz editor
* Be a self starter, a great leader, a visual storyteller
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Director of Visuals" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.