Location: New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, Sydney
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is looking for agile General Assignment Reporters to cover crime, politics, natural disasters and major events on a national level for the largest news site in the U.S. We are open to hiring in NYC, DC, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Sydney!
Requirements for Success:
* Have rock-solid news judgement. Know when a story matters, when it doesn't — and why.
* Be level-headed during even the most fast-moving, high-pressure news events.
* Write and edit impeccably. Honor the value of clarity, accuracy and speed.
* Always, always, always strive to move a story forward.
* Know how to find and contact witnesses, stakeholders, experts and officials faster than our competition.
* Have a high-level B.S. detector and steadfast gut instincts. Know how to spot an imposter or a hoax from a mile away.
* Use videos, images, graphics and interactives as key storytelling tools.
* Understand how to write an engaging story that gets to the core of who, what, when and why it matters. Spot little details that make a story stand out.
* Know how to craft a shareable and clickable headline.
* Obsess over new storytelling techniques. Experiment and innovate.
* Be able to dig up a great story idea in all kinds of places: Twitter, a small blog, emerging platforms, or in the 10th paragraph of a newspaper article.
* Use analytics tools to spot trends.
* Be able to balance both daily and enterprise projects.
* Be a team player and a joy to work with. Teamwork is core to who we are at HuffPost.
* Have a wide range of interests, from hard news to entertainment.
* Be a self starter, a great leader, a visual storyteller
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "News Reporter" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more