Location: Washington, DC or San Francisco
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post's politics team is seeking an associate web editor. Applicants should be hungry self-starters eager to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, fun environment. We are looking for a political junkie with strong web skills and a belief that politics means something beyond points on a scoreboard.
Hours may vary, and schedule may include evening and weekend shifts.
* Writing headlines, packaging stories and video content
* Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
* Working in a fast-paced environment with the team responsible for running the Politics page and social media operation
* Pitch and produce shareable content for a social media audience
* Insatiable appetite for political news and the desire to make things go crazy on the web
* Strong research and writing skills
* Proficient with social media
* Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
* Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
Interested? Apply here.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.