Dramatic Video Shows Terrified Visitors Fleeing Tunisia Museum Attack

03/18/2015 11:46 am ET | Updated Mar 18, 2015

Dramatic footage broadcast on Tunisian television Wednesday showed dozens of people fleeing the Bardo museum in the Tunisian capital, after gunmen opened fire at the tourist site earlier that day.

Security forces rushed to evacuate those caught up in the violence, captured in footage first broadcast by Tunisia's national station. Tense scenes show stunned men, women and children run to safety in a nearby building.

Tunisian officials said at least 19 people were killed in the assault, making it the country's worst attack on a tourist site in years. Tunisian Prime Miniser Habib Essid said two gunmen were killed in a gunfight with police, and two or three others are thought to remain at large.

More footage from the scene of the attack from Tunisian TV:

Related on HuffPost:

Museum Attack
Suggest a correction