Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is seeking an Editorial Director to lead our multimedia-first approach to entertainment coverage. The ideal candidate will have vast knowledge and working experience in the realm of entertainment, which encompasses everything from celebrity and comedy to arts and sports. The candidate will have a profound understanding of what the media landscape lacks in those content areas and seek to fill them with quality, shareable content. Experience in new, creative ways of story telling -- video, graphics, GIFS, photos, etc. -- is a must, as are ideas about how to distribute multimedia content on emerging social platforms.
* Manage a team of 20+ writers, reporters and editors
* Coordinate breaking news coverage
* Magnify our multimedia-first approach to coverage
* Ideate and refine original video series
* Identify emerging platforms for content distribution
* Be able to edit and improve thoroughly reported features
* Coordinate with other sections on larger projects
* Shape and refine the HuffPost Entertainment voice
* Apply SEO practices and optimize content for social
* Adapt quickly to newsroom-wide initiatives and evolving strategies
* Be able to recognize trends and shine light on less explored but impactful issues
Requirements for Success:
* At least five years of editing experience
* At least two years of management experience
* Advanced news judgement
* Web experience a must
* Passionate and knowledgeable about entertainment and culture
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Editorial Director" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.