Mother's Day is coming. Back away from the corny Hallmark cards.
For everyone celebrating the mothers (and/or mother figures) in their life this year, we've got your back. Here's a selection of funny, cute and cheeky cards for any mom with a sense of humor. Because who wants rhyming prose when you could have pug puns?
Here are 12 funny Mother's Day cards we love:
1. An apology for the rough times:
"This Mother's Day, I Would Like To Apologize For.."
2. An appreciation of the important skills she taught you:
"Thanks for teaching me how to use a big-girl potty."
3. A serious understatement:
"I suppose you're a reasonable mother"
4. An acknowledgement of what she just can't say:
"I love how we don't have to say out loud that I'm your favorite child."
5. A much-needed thank-you:
"Thanks for not psychologically damaging me."
6. An admission she's been waiting to hear:
"You were right about everything."
7. A tribute to "Mean Girls:"
"You're a cool mom."
8. A nod to all the roles she plays:
"My cheapest therapist."
9. A punny endearment:
"Nothing beets you."
10. A "Gilmore Girls" reference:
"You're the Lorelai to my Rory."
11. A "Puggin'" cute card:
"I puggin' love you."
12. A congratulatory note:
"Great job Mom, I turned out awesome"