Mother's Day is coming. Back away from the corny Hallmark cards.
For everyone celebrating the mothers (and/or mother figures) in their life this year, we've got your back. Here's a selection of funny, cute and cheeky cards for any mom with a sense of humor. Because who wants rhyming prose when you could have pug puns?
Here are 12 funny Mother's Day cards we love:
1. An apology for the rough times:
"This Mother's Day, I Would Like To Apologize For.."
2. An appreciation of the important skills she taught you:
"Thanks for teaching me how to use a big-girl potty."
3. A serious understatement:
"I suppose you're a reasonable mother"
4. An acknowledgement of what she just can't say:
"I love how we don't have to say out loud that I'm your favorite child."
5. A much-needed thank-you:
"Thanks for not psychologically damaging me."
6. An admission she's been waiting to hear:
"You were right about everything."
7. A tribute to "Mean Girls:"
"You're a cool mom."
8. A nod to all the roles she plays:
"My cheapest therapist."
9. A punny endearment:
"Nothing beets you."
10. A "Gilmore Girls" reference:
"You're the Lorelai to my Rory."
11. A "Puggin'" cute card:
"I puggin' love you."
12. A congratulatory note:
"Great job Mom, I turned out awesome"
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more