Wherever you are, there will likely be someone condemning the existence of cats. Felines are polarizing animals, whether it's due to a bad experience or a debilitating allergy. But for every cat hater out there, there's a kitty crusader -- someone who wholeheartedly believes that cats aren't devious or vicious, they're just misunderstood.
We know cats aren't perfect, but here are the reasons they're worth every hairball.
1. Their purring is one of the most comforting and rewarding sounds on the planet.
2. They make the best cuddling buddies -- and they don't discriminate when it comes to species.
3. They're litter-trained so "accidents" are virtually nonexistent.
4. Since they don't need bathing, they are especially low maintenance.
5. Cats are independent, require little attention and are some of the least needy pets around.
6. Their athletic energy and agility makes playing with them all the more fun.
7. Cats are relatively small and take up less space than most dogs.
8. If you consider yourself a cat person, you're likely to be more intelligent than a dog person.
9. You can leave a cat at home for the day (with plenty of food and water, of course) and never have to worry about their wellbeing.
10. Cats are curious creatures and can't help but explore the world around them.
11. They're protective by nature and get very attached to their owners.
12. Their life span is significantly longer than most other pets, averaging out at 14 years.
13. Cats are caring creatures and if you let them, they will go from house pet to family member.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more