Then there are the fashion and beauty struggles that women constantly deal with while our male counterparts remain naive and clueless. Below, we've rounded up some of the most frustrating and stressful style nuisances that complicate women's everyday lives.
1. Feeling nervous when walking over a sidewalk grate when in a skirt or heels.
No one wants an unplanned Marilyn moment or to lose the heel of a shoe.
2. The struggle to conceal your bra.
If you're wearing a spaghetti strap top, there's basically no hope of hiding your bra straps.
3. Then there's a whole other demon: Chicken cutlets.
Having to apply them, keep them on and make sure they remain adhesive for multiple wears.
4. Dealing with lipstick.
Worrying about it smudging, getting on your teeth or fading in awkward places.
5. Going to the bathroom in a jumpsuit or romper.
Wearing a one-piece means having to get practically naked to pee.
6. Constantly worrying that your bathing suit could expose X-rated body parts at any moment.
Adjusting. Always adjusting.
7. Lugging around a change of comfy shoes.
Necessary for commutes or impending blisters when you're wearing heels.
8. Wearing Spanx.
No explanation necessary.
9. Applying boob tape to shirts that could reveal more than you're willing to flaunt.
Men: have you ever had to physically tape your clothing to a body part? Didn't think so.
10. Flaunting tight skinny jeans that look way better than they feel.
Constricting and unyielding do not make for a comfortable getup.
11. Long hair + lip gloss + wind.
Having hair stuck to your lips is honestly unbearable.
12. Worrying about getting makeup stains on your clothes.
We learn very quickly to always apply foundation after you get dressed.
14. Having a general lack of pockets.
And when you do have one, it's not big enough to fit any of the essentials, like your phone or wallet.
15. Learning to be ambidextrous to paint your nails.
We should seriously be able to put this on our resumes.
16. Having to carry a purse at all times -- which inevitably leads to sore shoulders.
...and always being asked to carry any guy friends' extra items.
17. Being paranoid about tripping over your own maxi dress or skirt.
Every step is a struggle.
18. Wearing white while on your period.
Men will never understand the perpetual panic and inspections.
19. Maternity clothing.
Buying clothes that are only necessary for a couple months ... lucky us.
20. Being incapable of wearing an item of clothing because you haven't shaved.
Shorts, skirts, dresses and tank tops are off-limits if your legs and armpits aren't freshly shaven.
21. Spending more money for women's versions of the same products men buy.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more