ENTERTAINMENT

Chris Pratt Says Those 'Ghostbusters' Remake Rumors Are 'Bullsh-t'

05/18/2015 09:44 am ET | Updated May 18, 2015
Michael Buckner via Getty Images

Earlier this year, rumors spread that Sony was eyeing Chris Pratt for a role in a new "Ghostbusters" movie, as part of Ghostcorps, a company that would develop films, TV shows and merchandise based on the iconic film. Joe and Anthony Russo, Reid Carolin, Peter Kiernan and Channing Tatum would produce, and Tatum was speculated to star. But in his new cover story for GQ, Pratt denied his involvement in the project.

"No one has ever even spoken to me about that," he told the magazine. "Never. I've even seen Channing a couple times. As far as I know, that's complete bullshit." (He also denied working on "Knight Rider.")

Sony did not return a request for comment on Pratt's rumored role in a potential remake.

News broke about a new "Ghostbusters" after Paul Feig revealed the cast for his all-female version, which will feature Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones. At the time, Badass Digest editor Devin Faraci wrote that the film wasn't necessarily "guy-themed," like Deadline.com had said. "It does have some guys at the center -- the concept here is a movie that spins out of the chemistry between real-life friends Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt," he wrote. "This isn't a case of 'everybody wants Chris Pratt in their movie,' this is a case of these two guys being pals and wanting to make this movie together." Uh, maybe not so much.

Also on HuffPost:

Ghostbusters Turns 30
Suggest a correction
Comments

CONVERSATIONS