The position advertised below has been filled as of June 9.
Location: New York or San Francisco
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is looking for a skilled and energetic social media junkie to promote its international news coverage across social media platforms. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated social media experience, strong writing skills and a profound understanding of international affairs.
The editor will develop a dynamic voice for the social media accounts of The WorldPost -- HuffPost’s collaboration with Berggruen Institute. He or she will help create and implement a successful social strategy for international news and will experiment with emerging platforms, as both a way to expand our audience and to grow traffic. The editor will help develop a strategy to incorporate video and multimedia elements into The WorldPost's overall social strategy and will mine social media platforms and the dark web for story ideas and sources.
Requirements for Success:
* Have 2-4 years of demonstrated social media expertise.
* Follow major developments around the world. Be as passionate about US-Cuba relations as you are about Vladimir Putin’s latest bare-chested picture.
* Have rock-solid news judgment. Know when a story matters, when it doesn't -- and why.
* Have a high-level BS detector, a healthy dose of skepticism and steadfast gut instincts. Know how to spot an imposture, a hoax or spin from a mile away.
* Be level-headed and detail-minded during even the most fast-moving, high-pressure news events.
* Be creative. Know how to craft original, shareable and clickable updates.
* Be persistent and goal-oriented. Know how to use analytics tools to spot trends and develop strategies that lead to social growth.
* World news doesn’t follow office hours. Know that going in and be willing to follow an important storyline as necessary.
* Be a team player and a joy to work with. Teamwork is core to who we are at HuffPost.
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "World Social Editor" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.